Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy
Pelvic floor physiotherapy is a way to address concerns including but not limited to
- Pelvic organ prolapse (sounds terrifying, but it doesn’t need to be)
- Urinary incontinence (this doesn’t have to be your new norm)
- Coccydynia (Tailbone pain)
- Dyspareunia (Pain with sex)
- Fecal incontinence
- Pelvic pain
- Painful scars after childbirth or surgery
These issues don’t just exist in a prenatal and postpartum population, women of all ages can deal with any of these issues. Symptoms can range from mild to severe- and ultimately debilitating. Pelvic health can be a huge determinant of overall quality of life.
**Please note if you are booking a postpartum pelvic floor assessment, please wait until after your 6-8 week checkup with your physician or midwife to book your appointment, as an internal exam is involved.